Crazy 8s is a design sprint method that encourages rapid idea generation. In Crazy 8s, participants are given 8 minutes to sketch 8 different solutions to a problem. The goal is to come up with as many ideas as possible, even if they are not fully fleshed out or realistic.
Crazy 8s is a great way to get past the initial stage of brainstorming and start to explore different possibilities. It can also help to break down silos and get different perspectives on a problem.
To do Crazy 8s, you will need:
- A piece of paper
- A pen or pencil
- A timer
Here are the steps:
- Write the problem you are trying to solve at the top of the paper.
- Set the timer for 8 minutes.
- Starting with the top left corner of the paper, sketch one idea for a solution to the problem.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have filled all 8 boxes.
- When the timer goes off, take a few minutes to review your sketches.
- Select the 1 or 2 ideas that you think are the most promising and continue to develop them.
Crazy 8s is a quick and easy way to generate a lot of ideas. It is a great way to get your creative juices flowing and to start to explore different possibilities. If you are stuck on a design problem, give Crazy 8s a try.
Here are some tips for doing Crazy 8s:
- Don’t worry about making your sketches perfect. The goal is to get your ideas down on paper as quickly as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to be creative. The crazier your ideas, the better.
- Don’t be afraid to collaborate with others. Crazy 8s can be a great team activity.
- Have fun! Crazy 8s is a brainstorming exercise, so relax and enjoy the process.